Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Day 2 - $13 Pide and 11 Apostles

Bright and early on Sunday I got up, packed up my room, and went to retrieve my rental car. In this case, bright and early meant 7:00AM. I drove the car a few blocks, making only one wrong turn, to the apartment of my business contact. As of this drive, I was still feeling very uncomfortable about driving. My contact joined me in the car and we started on our journey the LONG way to the town of Ballarat. The drive directly to Ballarat from Melbourne should only take about 1.5 hours, or so I am told. We, however had decided the day before that we would travel by way of the Great Ocean Road. The long way around that we took was something near to, but not exactly like this map...


But, the Great Ocean Road is one of those MUST DO tourist things.

I liked the Ocean Road... it is very scenic and once the cloud cover cleared, the water was a remarkable color of blue. Really, though, the road was similar in style to driving Cape Cod. There are fun resort like towns and several light houses and very soft sand beaches. Here, though, there is a Rain Forest that you drive through and other very cool scenic places and you get to see Koala's in the wild!!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi Dan! I love your site. You are defintely taking advantage of doing fun things "down under."

Love, Mom